Vermicelli is a delicate but more robust strand than Angel Hair, and best used with cream or simple tomato sauces and great with seafood, especially prawns.
Vermicelli with Prawns
Preparation Time: mins
Cooking Time: mins
1/2 cup capers, drained
6 tbsp oil
12 ripe tomatoes, quartered and sliced
4 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 red onions, finely chopped
20 raw prawns, peeled
2 cloves garlic, crushed
(1) Cook pasta according to packet directions, then drain.
(2) Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan and cook the prawns in batches for 2-3 minutes or until pink and just cooked through. Set aside and keep warm
(3) Add garlic and onion to pan, cook stirring until onion is soft
(4) Add tomatoes, capers, parsley and remaining olive oil.
(5) Cook, stirring until warmed through.
(6) Divide pasta between bowls, top with sauce and prawn
* Source From: © San Remo Macaroni Company Pty Ltd 2014 Link: http://sanremo.com.au/