Australia’s most popular variety, Spaghetti is extremely versatile and can be used with any sauce.
Classic Spaghetti Bolognese
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
2 tsp rosemary, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
400g beef mince
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 red capsicum, diced
400g can tomatoes, pureed
3 tbsp tomato paste
Parmesan cheese, to serve
2 tbsp olive oil
(1) Cook 500g pasta according to directions, drain.
(2) Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan, fry 2 tsp chopped rosemary, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 400g beef mince, 1 thinly sliced onion and 1 diced red capsicum.
(3) Cook until the onions are soft and beef starts to brown. Add to mixture a 400g can tomatoes (pureed) and 3 tbsp tomato paste.
(4) Cook until the sauce is boiling, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes until the beef is cooked and the capsicum tender.
(5) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
(6) Divide pasta into bowls and top with sauce. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
* Source From: © San Remo Macaroni Company Pty Ltd 2014 Link: http://sanremo.com.au/