Thin ribbon style pasta which is excellent with pesto or cream-based sauces or with pesto.
Bianco Marinara with Fennel Linguine
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
2 medium calamari, cleaned and cut into strips
2 fresh fennel bulb, thinly sliced
½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tbspn red chilli, chopped
3 tbspn garlic, crushed
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
8 large green prawn tails
Salt and pepper
½ cup of Ouzo
2 cup fish stock
(1) Cook pasta as per packet directions.
(2) Firstly place the cockles in a large dish and cover with water, drain and repeat several times to wash out any excess sand in cockles.
(3) Take a pan and place on medium/high heat, add olive oil and heat for a minute.
(4) Once hot, add cockles and toss through pan, add garlic and chilli, cook for a further 2 to 3minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic and chilli.
(5) Add calamari and prawns and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked.
(6) Deglaze pan with Ouzo, and cook for 1minute.
(7) Add fish stock and thinly sliced fennel, cover pan with lid and turn down heat to low.
(8) Cook until cockles are opened.
(9) Check seasoning, adding salt & pepper if required. Add pasta to pan and toss thoroughly.
(10) Finish with parsley and serve immediately
* Source From: © San Remo Macaroni Company Pty Ltd 2014 Link: http://sanremo.com.au/